Eric A. Scott is an experienced litigator with a strong background in managing complex litigation in a cost-effective manner. His litigation background includes business and contract disputes, products liability, and the protection of trade secrets. Eric is a very effective coordinator of large-scale discovery efforts and has great familiarity with the legal and technical aspects of e-discovery. A clear and effective writer, Eric is able to synthesize complex material for legal and lay audiences.
Prior to becoming an associate of the Oliver Law Firm, Eric worked with the firm Fulbright & Jaworski in their San Antonio office for 10 years, focusing on litigation, products liability and e-discovery. During this time, Eric served as national discovery counsel for a multi-national corporation, analyzing trade secret issues, training junior attorneys, guiding and coordinating local counsel in other states in preparing descovery responses and motions, and overseeing large-scale document productions.
Before moving to San Antonio, Eric was an associate at the Atlanta law firm of Drew, Eckl & Farnham, where he handled general liability, products liability, and insurance defense matters.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Anthropology, with Distinction, Dean's List for 8 of 8 semesters, University of Virginia
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Top 25% of class, University of Virginia Law School
- Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law
- Member, State Bars of Texas, Arizona, Georgia and Virginia
- Law School Clerk, United States Attorney's Office and Virginia Commonwealth's Attorney's Office