William H. "Bill" Oliver is the founding partner of the Oliver Law Firm. The primary focus of his career has been business law, beginning with a real estate and commercial lending practice during the 1980s, followed by a bankruptcy practice into the early 1990s, and evolving into a business practice that included state and federal court litigation, business entity formation and transactions. His trial skills have earned him the confidence of clients in many other areas as well, including in probate and estate litigation.
Bill has had great success in trial practice, successfully trying cases to juries as well as judges.
While the common thread throughout Bill's diverse law career has been business oriented cases, he has also handled contested guardianships and probate matters, and successfully tried a number of consumer cases against subprime mortgage servicers for equity stripping.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, with accounting emphasis, Southern Methodist University
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Southern Methodist University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Order of the Coif, Southern Methodist University
- Board of Editors of the Southwestern Law Journal, Southern Methodist University
- Admitted to practice, US District Courts for the Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- Admitted to practice, US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Former Member, San Antonio Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Top Trial Lawyers in America® (Selected by Million Dollar Advocates Forum, LLC)
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® (Selected by America's Top 100 LLC)
- Texas Super Lawyers®, 2006-2018 (Selected by Thompson Reuters Service)
- Who's Who in American Law, 2017 (Selected by Marquis Who's Who)
Papers & Presentations
- Transfers in Fraud of Creditor: When Do Common Planning Techniques Cross the Line?, presented at the William W Gibson, Jr. Mortgage Lending Institute.